Friday, September 10, 2010

You Want What You Can't Have

I remember being in college and I couldn't wait until I graduated.  I wanted a full time job, a husband, a house, a family, etc.


Now that I'm grown with a husband:


And a house:


And a dog:


I sometimes wish I was back in college.  I can't be the only one, right?

___________________________________________

I was in a sorority in college and for a year afterwards I served as an advisor, so I'm still friends with some girls on Facebook who are still in school.  When I see their status updates about going back to school, fraternity parties, recruitment, etc., I get a little sad.  It makes me wish I were right back in college when my biggest problem was what to wear to the Pike party or that the Delta Gammas were trying to take our guys.

Then I see them complain about school work and wish they were graduated and I think of that scene from Billy Madison:

3rd Grader: How's high school Billy?
Billy: High school is great. I mean I'm learning a lot. And all the kids are treating me very nice. It's great.
3rd Grader: Gee, I can't wait till I get to "hike" school.
Billy: Don't you say that. Don't you ever say that. Stay here. Stay here as long as you can. For the love of God, cherish it. You have to cherish it. 

But I digress....

______________________________________________
This weekend I'm going to help the lovely and talented ladies of Delta Zeta with their recruitment and can't think of any place else I'd rather be.  While I wasn't a big fan of recruitment when I was in college, I will enjoy the time I spend back on campus helping the chapter.  For these few hours I'll feel like I'm right back there in college and for a moment in time I'll have the best of both worlds.

1 comment:

Sara Elizabeth said...

Thank you so much for your sweet comment :) looking forward to reading more!