Monday, September 13, 2010

Missing Summer

About a month ago, I was enjoying the beautiful view in sunny Florida:

It was a wonderful and relaxing trip in which I fell in love all over again with the Florida Panhandle, more specifically Seagrove Beach and Seaside.  But that is another story for another time.

It is hard to believe that I was enjoying that vacation and that warm sunny weather just a month ago.  Now I'm back at home and the leaves are already changing colors and the weather has that cool crisp feeling to it. 

I'm sorry.  I know that there are a lot of people that just love fall, but I.just.can't.  I can't bring myself to it.  I can't bring myself to admit that the warm sunny days are over.   Gone are the days of white pants and light cotton skirts and dresses.  Sure fall is pretty and it is nice to have some relief from the heat, but my heart belongs to summer.  It always has and it always will.  For after fall comes winter.  And.I.detest.winter.  Detest.  Cannot stand.  It's dark, gloomy, cold and snowy.  The only good thing about winter is that you know spring and summer are on their way. Why does it always seem like the warm beautiful days of summer are so fleeting, but the winter drags on forever?

Sure there are things I like about fall.  The fashion is fun and it's nice to have a change from your summer wardrobe.  I really enjoy the scents of fall - the cinnamon and pumpkin.  Then there are the delights of pumpkin flavors in your coffee and your pie. 

But I'm just going to be honest here - I prefer summer.  I always have and I probably always will.

No comments: