Saturday, September 11, 2010

Back to the Drawing Board


 So... one of my 30 Before 30 goals was to have a Flickr account and maintain it.  I thought this would be a good easy place to start on my list of goals.  I remembered that I had started an account a while back so that was step one.  I uploaded a lot of my recent vacation pictures and I realized that I only have like 5% of capacity left.  Talk about a buzz kill.  I thought about upgrading which is $24.99 for a year or some crazy stuff like that.  Now, in looking at my list of 30 goals it's easy to see that a lot of them require money and lots of it.  Do I really want to spend more money on these goals?  Especially one that is just for pictures?  No.  No I do not.  Call me cheap if you will, but I would rather save that money and it put toward a credit card payment or put it in a savings fund for a fertility doctor.

So I'm just sure if I should cross this off my list as "complete" or if I should find another picture hosting site like Photobucket or Snapfish.  One of the reasons I wanted to join Flickr was because of the community that is there.  You can comment on everyone's photos and they are plenty of groups and projects to join in on.  Plus that seems to be where a lot of bloggers upload their pictures.  Do these other sites have those kinds of options.   I don't even know.  So I'm just not sure about how to continue with this goal.  Part of me just wants to mark it as complete as I didn't really fail the task per se. And seeing as how this is my project, I make the rules around here.  I'm just not sure.  It's a little disappointing to be staring off my project in this fashion!  Let's hope my next endeavor turns out a little better!

No comments: