Image via here
In just a little over three years, I will be... 30 years old. Boy is that hard to type. Or even think about for that matter. I remember when I was younger and thinking 30 was old (I know, I know, cliche). Of course now that I'm knock, knock, knocking at 30 years old, I think that's not that old. Except that I kinda do. I thought that by the time I was 30, I would be married and have a child. Actually 2. Actually I wanted to be done, having children. Oh boy, what was I thinking? In truth, I have a husband, but no babies yet. Nature is making that a bit more difficult than it should be. So in looking at my goals and realizing I might not make it, I decided to re-write some goals. Thus the 30 Before 30 Project. It's pretty easy. 30 things I wish to accomplish before October 25, 2013. In order to make myself accountable - I'm putting my list out there for all the world to see:
- Make a full dinner - all components, no help (yes, in my three years of being a wife, I have not made a total dinner by myself. This is the Undomestic Goddess, remember??)
- Start and maintain a blog. (Clearly I have started, but the goal is to keep it going)
- Travel to Washington D.C.
- Travel to New York City again.
- Teach a full year of PREP
- Go to a fertility specialist.
- Finish our basement.
- Get a new job.
- Got to Gatlinburg on a family trip.
- Buy a really expensive purse (by really expensive I mean over $200 - that's expensive to me)
- Organize the entire house
- Read a "classic" novel I didn't read in high school.
- Research adoption options.
- Get another dog.
- Keep and maintain a coupon system.
- Payoff both credit cards.
- Visit the Florida Panhandle again.
- Get my wisdom teeth pulled (yeah still haven't done that).
- Refinish our bedroom furniture.
- Make and meet a blog friend (won't you be my friend??)
- Have a specialty party at my house.
- Walk three nights a week for a month.
- Clean and dust every Saturday for a month.
- Make my bed everyday for a month.
- Pack lunch everyday for a month.
- Go to the doctor for a physical.
- Start and maintain a Flickr account.
- Start and maintain a journal full of thoughts, quotes, etc.
- Vote in the next presidential election.
- Read two books a month for a year.
But I'm willing to give it all a shot and I'm planning on documenting my progress here.
What are your 30 before 30?